"More Dakka is the art of solving problems by unloading as many rounds of ammunition at them as possible", TV Tropes
|Date||2017 (two months)|
|Tech||Unreal Engine 4|
Turret targeting system in Unreal Engine 4.
- Entirely made in Unreal Engine 4 blueprints
- Turrets account for projectile speed and target direction to accurately hit moving targets
- Supports two types of turrets : one or two hinges
- Ignores targets with no line of sight
- Accounts for turret mechanical constraints (constrained angle or rotation speed)
The demo version is coming soon ! In the meantime the code can be found on my GitLab.
One of the best multiplayer games I've ever played is Artemis Bridge Ship Simulator, where several players act as commanding officers on the bridge of a spaceship. I toyed around with the idea of remaking that in Unreal Engine 4 for a while. I really wanted to give it an epic space battle feel, like a Star Wars fight scene.
My first tests were horrible. The turrets couldn't hit anything, and little by little I got sidetracked in creating a targeting system.